Leading people to Jesus
Scriptures to guide new converts through the process of salvation
Write the first scripture down in the front of your bible or tablet/smart phone.
Then link them in the order set down
- John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- John 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me.
- Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God to salvation to every one that believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
- Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Romans 10:9 That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be involved Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
- Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Pray with the person who has responded.
Sharing your Testimony
First watch the video below.
What did you notice about how the testimony and how it was constructed?
- There were four sections
- What her life was like before Jesus
- How she came to know Jesus
- What her life has been like since Jesus
- A subtle challenge about what Jesus can do for you
Some important testimony tips:
- Be honest with your testimony, have integrity, and don’t exaggerate as people will see through this.
- Don’t focus the majority of your testimony on what your life was like before God, focus predominantly on what your life has been like since Jesus
- We all have a testimony to share.
- We might not have been saved from extremes i.e. drugs and drink and therefore have a radical testimony, but this is ok as not everyone could relate to this.
- Be prepared, have a number of different testimonies prepared, all about 5 minutes long but maybe a couple that are longer.
- Testimonies aren’t just about the day we got saved, they should span our journey we have walked with God – think holistic, finance, health, emotional, social, physical, spiritual etc. when preparing testimonies
- Be Holy Spirit led, when someone asks you to tell them about God and your life, be led by the Holy Spirit as to which testimony to share
Remember to include the four sections in your testimony –
- Before God,
- When you met God,
- What your life has been like after meeting the Lord
- Subtle challenge i.e. what God can do for you. Important again though with the last point you are Spirit led with this one
- Write a life timeline from birth to now.
- On the timeline include significant life events and note down significant ‘God’ events on the time line.
- This will help you look at your life overall to form a testimony about your salvation but will also help you to identify other key testimonies that you have prepared.
- This is a practical tool to help us along with preparing testimonies.
- Share a five-minute testimony based on your timeline in your cell.
- Try to share your testimony on a Sunday morning when appropriate. This help builds confidence being in front of people and helps practice sharing what they have prepared.